Saturday, January 10, 2009

Update on Pic

Well, I should have checked with my sweet husband before posting. He remnded me that, "YES" Dick Oyler had been in the Navy - that is how he and Sis met!

I also received a reply from my friends serving a mission in SoCal. They write: "Karen, yes that is Dick Oyler. He gave a talk at the FHE held on base for the singles. Talked with him for just a little. His experience at Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7th 1941 touched us all. He got emotional telling about the death of his friend stationed in an area of the ship that had also been his station until shortly before the attack. Small world isn't it."

It is indeed a small world.
~Karen

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I knew he was in the Navy during WWII but didn't know about Pearl Harbor. Other people know more about our family than we do. We need to start asking more questions at our family gatherings.